When people ask you what are you doing with your life
Newly shared on the Facebook page Da Vinci’s Demons.
The second series of half-hour stories from Reece Shearsmith and Steve
Pemberton has been full of unexpected comedy and deep, dark horror, with
nods to everything from Witchfinder General to Alan Ayckbourn
The one that got everyone talking and left me in a puddle of feelings for the rest of the week was The 12 Days of Christine.
It starred Sheridan Smith as a young woman experiencing strange lapses
in memory and unsettling visions in her otherwise ordinary existence. At
times it surged into nerve-jangling ghost story as a strange voice
crackled on the baby monitor and eggs smashed on the floor. At others, I
suspected I was watching a drama about dementia. I genuinely didn’t see
where it was going, but, now that I think back…(spoilers, read more at source)
It’s been an excellent second series. The 12 Days of Christine was amazing and of course featured Tom Riley (Da Vinci’s Demons) alongside the excellent Sheridan Smith in a strange and ultimately tragic tale with a twist.
Fandom: Da Vinci’s Demons
Pairing/Characters: Girolamo Riario/Lucrezia Donati, Leonardo da Vinci/Lucrezia Donati, Leonardo da Vinci & Girolamo Riario
Word Count: 13566 words
Summary: Girolamo Riario’s multimillionaire Italian lover had ruthlessly informed him that she was getting married – to someone else… But when he inherits half her company, she plots to protect it by marrying him. This is the only woman he will ever love, but she needs to be taught a lesson.
Additional Tags: Unconventional Courtship Generator, Alternate Universe – Modern Setting, Fashion & Couture, Misunderstandings, Minor Character Death, New York, Poetry, Cousins, Abusive Parents, past Lorenzo de Medici/Lucrezia Donati, past Girolamo Riario/Zita (Da Vinci’s Demons), begins with Leonardo da Vinci/Lucrezia Donati, endgame Girolamo Riario/Lucrezia Donati, seriously one honest conversation would prevent all the angst, but there wouldn’t really be a story then, poems by Percy Bysshe Shelley, community: unconventional courtship, Inheritance, inspired by a romance novel blurb, Alternate Universe – Romance Novel, Romance, Cousin Relationship
Season 3’s a-coming. Your patience will be rewarded, I promise. And it will make you happier than Leo in this picture.
Da Vinci’s Demons rewatch | 1×04 | The Magician
- When two siblings visit their gravely ill mother and find her being cared for by a handsome young stranger, it’s just the first of several surprises.
- This frank drama centers on the relationship between two gay men who contemplate turning a passionate one-night stand into something more meaningful.
- Looking for a haven from the social hell of high school, the teens in this dramedy form a social club they know no one else will join
- Two working-class gay men in a small Texas town experience love and loss as they search for meaning and romance in their sometimes isolated lives.
- Determined to fall in love, 15-year-old Adele is focused on boys. But it’s a blue-haired girl she meets on the street who really piques her interest.
- A lesbian housewife, feeling trapped in a stale marriage, begins visiting female prostitutes and soon seeks excitement by becoming a sex worker.
- While spending Christmas with his parents, recovering alcoholic Paul falls for a handsome houseguest who’s pretending to be in love with Paul’s ex.
- Scant hours before her uptight mother and brother move in with her, Maggie meets the woman of her dreams and must hide her sexual orientation
- Father Greg Pilkington is a devout Catholic priest who struggles between a love for his church and his secret life as a homosexual with a gay lover
- Newly arrived in Los Angeles to pursue their ambitions, three gay friends wish for love and success in a city that’s notorious for crushing dreams
- While preparing for an ambush, a company commander and his platoon leader fall in love, carefully hiding their relationship from their comrades
- As the newest member of an exciting contemporary dance company in San Francisco, young Frankie navigates gay life in the big city
- When a gay English man learns his U.S. visa has expired, a sham marriage keeps him in the States, just in time for Mr. Right to enter the picture.
- After a wealthy businessman retires early, his meddling sister sets him up on dates — but he’s more interested in a young man he meets at a dog park.
- Running toward God but away from his sexuality, Adam became a priest at age 21. Now the head of a rural parish, he’s still tormented by desire
- A teen boy living in a small town on the Belgian coast finds his ordinary life take an unexpected turn when a handsome traveler blows through town.
- When emotionally volatile Molly meets Mercedes, a gay rights activist, a one-night stand leads them down an unexpected path.
- After an injury ends her gymnastics career, an unhappily married woman feels the stirrings of love for a beautiful dancer with whom she is working.
- An esteemed young poetry teacher at a Catholic boarding school risks everything when she engages in a feverish affair with a female student
- Drama student Timothy whips up a love potion with the power to turn people gay, and begins with object of his affection: the school jock
- A police officer’s life spirals out of control when he develops feelings for a fellow male cop and begins pulling away from his pregnant girlfriend.